Doxycycline Hyclate, the active ingredient of Dr Doxy is a broad spectrum antibiotic of the tetracycline group.
Each tablet contains:
- Doxycycline Hyclate IP equivalent to Doxycycline 300 mg
- Tick borne Rickettsial diseases (Canine Monocytic Ehrlichiosis etc)
- Mixed upper respiratory tract infection (kennel cough), leptospirosis, toxoplasmosis
- As pre-treatment to pathogenic microfilarial infection (Dirofilaria immitis) in order to eliminate the symbiotic bacteria Wolbachia
- Double scored tablets - Convenient dosing
- E canis infection: 5 mg/kg bw every 12 hrs or 10 mg/kg bw every 24 hrs, for 2-3 weeks
- Other susceptible infections: 5-10 mg/kg bw daily for up to 5 days
- Dr Doxy should be administered after food. If it makes the pet nausea, try administering with food. It it makes pet have breathing or swallowing problems, follow tablet with small amount of water
- Avoid administration with antacids & dairy based products
- Do not use in pregnant cats (last 3 weeks of pregnancy) & in kittens (first month)
Carton of 5 x 10 tablets.